- Mancusi, 56, is a security consultant who retired as a patrol sergeant with Glen Cove police, where he was responsible for all training.
- The SUNY business graduate recently managed operations for an importer of dog safety equipment. He makes his first run for office and is also on the Conservative and Tax Revolt party lines.
- He received specialized training on responding to active shooters and people with mental illness.
- Mancusi would curb borrowing, evaluate every department and create a master plan that’s comprehensive enough to guide future administrations. He said he would work to retool ordinances and spending to meet the city’s current needs.
- He believes many people have "checked out" of the political process and wants to invite students to council meetings and hold online meetings that he views as "live democracy."
- He touts the skills gained as an officer — prioritizing, problem solving, relating to people, being familiar with civil codes — as assets for the council job.