BARBARA A. PEEBLES
- Peebles, 64, is the treasurer and clerk of Plandome Village. In Glen Cove she served dual roles as deputy mayor and executive director of the Industrial Development Agency. She is also on the Conservative and Tax Revolt lines.
- She worked more than 25 years in the private sector, mostly at American Express and at CA Technologies.
- Peebles has a bachelor’s degree in business and marketing from Providence College.
- Peebles cites fiscal health as her chief priority, vowing to turn the city’s negative credit rating back to stable. Would stop borrowing to pay operating expenses and identify wasteful spending.
- She would expedite permits, evaluate zoning codes and lower unfair fees. She believes the city should have entertainment venues that would attract visitors.
- Peebles would also boost code enforcement efforts to improve safety and collect fines, especially on illegal housing.