- Cavalier, 54, is also running on the Working Families Party line. She lives in Mount Sinai.
- She is chief of staff for Legis. Sarah Anker.
- She has a bachelor’s in forensic psychology from John Jay College of Criminal Justice and a law degree from St. John’s University Law School.
- Water quality is a top priority for Cavalier. She said she will work to get a water-quality referendum back on the ballot “as soon as we can,” to guarantee revenue to upgrade sewers and septic systems.
- She said she plans to pursue initiatives that will help make Suffolk more affordable for young people and seniors, including affordable workforce housing.
- She said she would also work on initiatives to lure businesses back to Suffolk with plans to revitalize unused strip malls and promote good-paying jobs.