VITO M. DESTEFANO
- DeStefano, 54, of Malverne, is running on the Conservative, Democratic and Republican party lines in the general election.
- DeStefano was elected to the New York State Supreme Court in 2007 and is presiding in the Commercial Division and over the Tax Certiorari part of the court in Nassau County.
- He was a Nassau County District Court judge from 2004 through 2007.
- DeStefano was appointed to the New York State’s Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics ("ACJE") in 2009, served as a voting member until 2019, and currently serves on the Ethics Faculty of the ACJE.
- Since 2019, he has served on the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Standards of Attorney Conduct.
- DeStefano is an adjunct professor at St. John’s University School of Law.
- DeStefano graduated from Wagner College in 1992 and received his law degree from Brooklyn Law School in 1996.