- Modelewski, 60, of Northport, is running on the Democratic, Republican and Conservative party lines in the general election.
- He is a member of the Huntington Zoning Board of Appeals, serving since 1993, and was the board’s chairman from 2002 to 2018. Modelewski has a private law practice in Huntington that he began in 1989.
- Modelewski was a former associate village justice for the Village of Northport from 2000-2001. Modelewski served as an assistant county attorney in Suffolk from 1989 to 1992 and was a Huntington senior assistant town attorney from 1992-1993.
- Modelewski has been a guest lecturer at Touro Law School, the Suffolk Academy of Law and the Wilbur F. Breslin Center for Real Estate Studies at Hofstra University.
- He graduated from SUNY-Oswego in 1983 and received his law degree from Hofstra Law School in 1989.