Watch our video on Town of Huntington election issues
THERESA A. MARI
- Mari, 59, of Centerport, is seeking a first term on the Huntington Town Council. She is also endorsed by the Conservative Party.
- She is a former president of the Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association, former president of the Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association, a former two-term director of the Suffolk County Bar Association and former associate dean of the Suffolk County Bar Association Academy of Law.
- She graduated from SUNY Binghamton and the Hofstra University School of Law.
- Mari supports budgeting within the tax cap, increasing transparency in government, protecting Huntington’s fragile environment and getting the roads paved.
- She said her top priority is stopping overdevelopment and keeping Huntington an idyllic suburb.
- She said she is focused on increasing public safety, creating drug education and mental health programs for Huntington’s youth, and working with a breast cancer coalition in Huntington to educate about the need for mammograms and breast health.