Jennifer A. Hebert
- Hebert, 53, of Huntington, is the director of a nursery school in downtown Huntington. She served nine years on the Huntington Board of Education, the last two as president. She is running on the Democratic line and is the endorsed candidate on the Working Families Party line.
- Hebert said she voted to reopen the Jack Abrams School as a STEM magnet school. During her tenure, the district reinstated full-day kindergarten, increased AP classes at the high school, improved district facilities and passed "respectful" school district budgets with strong community support.
- She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tufts University, and a Master's degree in teaching.
- Hebert said she plans to work toward a more responsive and well-functioning town hall. She would like to see departments like the building department modernized to work more efficiently.
- She would partner with business owners to find workable solutions to the problems that make doing business in Huntington a challenge.
- Hebert is committed to protecting the environment, water and green spaces. She believes Long Islanders must protect beaches, the ocean, the sound as well as parks and open spaces.