MARIE F. MCCORMACK
- McCormack, 63, of Westbury, is running on the Democratic, Republican, and Conservative party lines in the general election.
- McCormack has been a District Court judge, District 2 since July 2022, when she was appointed by Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman. The term expires at the end of the year.
- She started working in the Nassau court system in 2010, primarily practicing in family law matters, first as a principal law clerk, court attorney from 2011 to 2012, and court referee, a position she held until being elevated to the bench.
- From 1990 to 2010, McCormack was in private practice in Garden City that focused on criminal, family law, and personal injury.
- She graduated from Barnard College in 1981 and received a law degree from Boston College School of Law in 1985.
- She was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1986.