JOSEPH NOCELLA JR.
- Nocella, 58, of Seaford, is running on the Democratic, Republican and Conservative party lines in the general election.
- Nocella was appointed Nassau County District Court judge in 2022. Previously, he was Hempstead Town attorney from 2021-2022 and the Hempstead Town supervisor’s chief of staff from 2020-2021.
- He was Oyster Bay Town attorney from 2017-2020. In Nassau County government, he was counsel to the Office of Housing & Community Development from 2014-2017, managing attorney in the county attorney’s office from 2011-2014, and counsel to the Nassau County executive and legislature from 2010-2011 and 2006-2008.
- He was an assistant U.S. attorney serving in the criminal division of the Justice Department in the Eastern District from 1991-1995. Nocella also worked in litigation at private law firms in New York and Los Angeles from 1989-1990 and from 1995-2010.
- He received his bachelor's degree from Fordham University in 1986 and graduated from Columbia University School of Law in 1989.
- He was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1990.