Watch our video on a City of Long Beach election issue
CHRISTOPHER E. FIUMARA
- Fiumara, 47, of Long Beach, is an entrepreneur who owns and operates businesses in the real estate, sales organization and restaurant industries.
- He has lived in Long Beach for 25 years and is making his first run for public office.
- He is involved in fundraisers for charitable organizations that include the Long Beach-based 34.3 Foundation, which raises money for fallen or injured New York City firefighters and their families.
- Fiumara said the city’s taxes are his “No. 1 issue” and that if elected he will use knowledge gained from his professional business experience “to offset the city’s tax burden and to generate income to the city.”
- He said that if elected he and his team “would do all we can to hold the line on taxes, increase revenue, stop mismanagement and improve quality of life.”
- “Residents continue to pay for the mismanagement of current and past administrations,” he said, citing a recent lawsuit settlement that led to a 10% city tax increase this year.