Watch our video on a City of Long Beach election issue
BRENDAN P. FINN
- Finn, 66, of Long Beach, is a retired NYPD detective for the Organized Crime Investigation Division, and, following the 9/11 attacks, the FBI-NYPD Joint Terrorism Task Force.
- He is the author of “A Flashpoint in a Melting Pot: The Crown Heights Riots; A Watershed for New York City.”
- He is an adjunct lecturer in law and police science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and is also a state-licensed private investigator.
- Finn said, “The one thing I am proudest of in my career is my five years assigned to the federal Joint Firearms Task Force, which took hundreds of guns off New York City streets.”
- He said he is running “because I am extremely worried about the future of the city I love, including the skyrocketing taxes, overdevelopment and the erosion of our quality of life in Long Beach.”
- On the wind farm project, he said, “I’m in favor of green energy, but I’m opposed to the plan to install wind farms right off our Atlantic coast.” He said the plan presents “potential health issues to our community.”