Joseph G. Schramm Jr.
- Schramm, 67, of Northport, owns Schramm Marketing Group, a sports and entertainment marketing firm he founded in 1993. Schramm previously worked in marketing for Cablevision and AMC Networks.
- Schramm received a bachelor’s degree from Saint Michael’s College in Vermont and attended some college at Nassau County Community College.
- Schramm said he wants to attract new businesses to the town to relieve homeowners’ tax burden. He would preserve open space by encouraging the use of already-developed properties.
- Schramm said he wants to protect the environment, relieve traffic congestion and invest in transportation. He wants the Huntington Area Rapid Transit system to run more frequently and with more stop options.
- He said he is concerned about the waterways and wants to dredge Northport and Centerport harbors to improve oxygen levels.