DAVID P. BENNARDO
- Bennardo, 56, of Greenlawn, is the chairperson of education leadership at Long Island University.
- He also is running on the Conservative Party line.
- He recently retired as superintendent of the South Huntington School District and is the former principal of Harborfields High School.
- Bennardo said he plans to work toward replacing partisanship with a partnership among all stakeholders for more efficient government. He said transparency and having an open dialogue is needed to achieve that goal.
- He believes residents are looking for a responsive Town Hall that minimizes bureaucracy, improves efficiency and expedites requests. He said he would like the town to have more opportunities for residents to use self-service options that could help expedite processes in some departments.
- Bennardo said he joins with residents in a desire to keep communities safe and affordable while maintaining the charm of Huntington neighborhoods. He said it is critical for the town board to create conditions favorable to small businesses as these establishments represent the engine of Huntington’s economy.