JOSEPH B. KARPINSKI
- Karpinski, 38, of Amagansett, volunteers for the Amagansett Fire Department, was the former captain of its ambulance squad and also works for a tree care company. He is also running on the Conservative Party line.
- He is making his first run for public office.
- He has a bachelor's degree in history from Kutztown University in Kutztown, Pennsylvania.
- Karpinski said it is important to ensure beach access, public safety and enforcement of all town laws. He added he wants to push for improving communications capabilities in Springs for residents and schools.
- He would like to push for recycling more landfill materials, such as cans, to bring in extra revenue for town programs, such as a food pantry.
- Karpinski also would push for the creation of a new senior citizens center in eastern Amagansett.