- Kaur, 53, of Hicksville, is a multinational client executive for an insurance company. She is also running on the Working Families Party line.
- She received an undergraduate degree in economics and politics from HMV College and a master's degree in economics from Doaba College, both in India.
- She said she was born in India, grew up in Indonesia and has spent half her life in New York.
- Kaur said parks in Hicksville need to be improved and wants the town to issue an annual report on parks so that residents can see how the town invests money to improve each park.
- She said town government needs to have minority representation so that the views and concerns of different cultures are heard.
- She said the town needs to cut wasteful spending, such as the high volume of town mailers, and would like to bring in new financial managers.