- Rasool, 42, of Brookville, is the chief executive of a marketing firm that specializes in attracting foreign investors for U.S. infrastructure projects. She is also running on the Workers Family Party line.
- She received her undergraduate and graduate degrees from New York University in writing.
- She previously worked in the international fashion industry on the editorial side of the business.
- Rasool said the biggest issue facing Oyster Bay is the lack of government transparency.
- She said the town should communicate with residents more through email and the town website and should cut down on town mailings and eliminate duplicate mailings being sent to a single household.
- She said she wants the town to create opportunities for more affordable homeownership without repeating the issues that led the federal government to sue the town for discrimination for its homeownership programs.