- Yan, 53, of Great Neck, is originally from Shanghai, China, and if elected would be the first Asian American to hold a seat in the Nassau Legislature.
- He holds a bachelor’s and master’s in computer science from Bowdoin College and Brown University, respectively.
- Yan, who founded several e-commerce companies, is a partner at Rise Capital and is chief technology officer at Wonder Inc., a company that brings top chefs to people’s homes.
- Yan would introduce legislation to modernize the county’s assessment system with data analytics and digital recordkeeping, while mandating regular audits of the entire system.
- He contends the county’s enforcement of Red Flag gun laws is too lax and must be enhanced.
- He wants to increase education funding from the state to Nassau County school districts to hire more teachers and update school infrastructure.