MAZI MELESA PILIP
- Pilip, 42, of Great Neck, works as director of operations with her husband at their medical practice. It's her first run for public office. She is also on the Conservative Party line.
- Born in Ethiopia during a civil war, she and her family moved to Israel in 1991 when she was 12.
- She was a paratrooper and gunsmith during her two years with the Israeli Defense Forces, graduated with a bachelor’s in occupational therapy from the University of Haifa and a master’s in diplomacy and security from Tel Aviv University.
- Pilip would cut taxes, and would bring outside experts to look for any mistakes in reassessment and determine the best methods for assessing property values.
- She wants to be a "bridge" in race and religious relations. She would work with police and prosecutors to bring awareness to the public, building upon her past advocacy work between Jewish and non-Jewish communities.
- She would focus on downtowns and make sure businesses know about COVID recovery resources.