STEPHANIE L. BONTEMPI
- Bontempi, 55, of Centerport, teaches fifth grade at the Green Vale School in Old Brookville, where she has worked for 14 years. Bontempi, a first-time candidate for public office, is also running on the Conservative party line.
- Bontempi has worked in education since 2002, including in roles at West Side School in Laurel Hollow and East Woods School in Oyster Bay Cove. She is chairperson of the Huntington Town Beautification Advisory Council.
- Bontempi has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Hartford and two master's degrees from LIU Post in Old Brookville.
- Bontempi said she is focused on public safety and wants to ensure county police are properly funded, trained and equipped.
- Concerned about the environment and water quality, she wants to increase the county’s use of renewable energy and expand sewers.
- Bontempi said she would sponsor legislation to require county departments to reassess their budget spending every year. She also wants to close a loophole in county law that allows former legislators who hit the 12-year term limit to return to office.