EVE A. MELTZER-KRIEF
- Meltzer-Krief, 54, of Centerport, is running for county legislature for the first time but is a current Harborfields school board member and served on the Huntington Anti-Bias Task Force.
- She is a pediatrician in Huntington Village.
- She has an undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and a medical degree from the University of Tel Aviv.
- As a physician, Meltzer-Krief said she would bring a new voice to the county legislature, where she would be an advocate for health issues and children’s health, including improving access to mental health resources.
- She said she would continue to work to address bias and hate and reduce tobacco and vaping use.
- She favors the water-quality referendum. She said the legislature has squandered a time-sensitive opportunity by not putting it on the ballot this year.