- Blakeman, 54, of Atlantic Beach, is running on the Democratic, Republican and Conservative party lines in the general election.
- At present, she works for Stone Studin Young & Nigro Law Group LLP in Woodbury, where she has been a litigator in matrimonial and family law since 2015. She has served as associate village justice for the Village of Cedarhurst since 2016.
- She worked at the Nassau County Offices of Housing and Community Development from January 2014 to May 2015.
- She was principal law clerk to Supreme Court Matrimonial Justice Norman Janowitz from 2011 to 2013.
- In 1991, she received an undergraduate degree from Stern College-Yeshiva University, and three years later earned a law degree from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University.
- Blakeman was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1995.