ROSE MARIE WALKER
- Walker, 72, of Hicksville, is seeking an eighth term and is also running on the Conservative Party line. Prior to her election in 2009, she was a councilwoman for the Town of Oyster Bay.
- In the legislature, she chairs the Health and Social Services Committee and is vice chair of Minority Affairs and of Senior Affairs, Finance and Veterans.
- She has served as a trustee on the Board of Education in Hicksville, is a founding member of the Hicksville Athletic Booster Club and is a member of the Kiwanis and multiple civic associations.
- Walker said keeping communities affordable is a priority, especially for seniors. Taxes are a concern, as is ensuring there are good jobs to keep young people in the community.
- Citing more rampant crime with the change in bail and discovery reforms, she said she will work with the police department and her colleagues to keep residents and their property safe.
- Her focus includes water issues involving the Grumman/Navy plume, 1,4-dioxane in wells and contaminants from prior industrial factories.
Not-guilty plea in mosque incident ... Riverhead pot hearing ... Ukraine 2 years later Not-guilty plea in mosque incident ... Sands casino lacks lease ... Riverhead pot hearing ... Ukraine 2 years later