- Kern, 68, of Aquebogue, is owner of 2XS, a marketing and branding consultant company. He also is running on the Conservative Party line.
- He was operations manager at Martha Clara Vineyards from 2000 to 2010.
- Kern is chairman of the Riverhead Town Business Advisory Committee and treasurer of the Riverhead Town Industrial Development Agency.
- If elected, Kern says he would press Suffolk County to transport former inmates released from the Suffolk County jail back to their home communities. Currently, he says some of the formerly incarcerated inmates end up sleeping in the parks and along the river in Riverhead.
- He supports Riverhead’s proposals to create a town square that includes plans to build up to 500 apartments. Kern says Riverhead needs more affordable and workforce housing to help young adults, essential workers and schoolteachers who need housing they can afford.
- Kern supports the pending $40 million land sale of Enterprise Park at Calverton to venture group Calverton Aviation and Technology. He said plans to redevelop the former Grumman plant would create high-paying jobs.