KENNETH T. ROTHWELL
- Rothwell, 50, of Wading River, is a licensed funeral director and owner of four funeral homes and a monument company. He also is running on the Conservative line.
- Rothwell, appointed to fill a vacant town council seat in January, says he was instrumental in bringing PedalShare, a bicycle sharing program, to Riverhead. He sits on several town committees, including farmland preservation, senior citizens advisory, and veterans advisory. A volunteer firefighter, he is liaison to five local fire districts.
- He earned his associate degree in architecture from SUNY Delhi and associate degree in mortuary science from Nassau Community College.
- Rothwell pledges to strengthen special districts, particularly the water district, by working to secure $10 million in federal funding. The money, he says, would help improve and expand water district infrastructure to meet current needs as well as future demands for water as economic development grows in the town.
- He wants to redevelop and revitalize downtown Riverhead by removing blight. Rothwell promises to improve the transit hub, including constructing a pedestrian walkway from town square to the LIRR station.
- Rothwell wants to upgrade parks, beaches and public spaces to provide residents with different types of recreational activities.