- Felix, 62, of Melville, has been involved in various Republican campaigns, but this is the first time he’s run for office.
- He is a lawyer specializing in insurance, wills and commercial issues and a co-owner of Felix Insurance Plan Co.
- He earned a bachelor’s from SUNY at Albany and a law degree from New York Law School.
- Felix's main issue is promoting economic growth, especially to encourage young adults to stay on Long Island. He says the county should work to redevelop the Route 110 corridor and consider creating a medical campus or research park.
- He says protecting groundwater and putting in more sewers is a priority.
- He says local government has to be more receptive to constituents and argues that a stronger Republican majority in the county legislature would be more productive.