JASON A. RICHBERG
- Richberg, 39, of West Babylon, is a full-time legislator and was elected in 2020 in a special election to fill the seat of DuWayne Gregory. He is also running on the Working Families Party line.
- He was clerk for the county legislature from 2015 to 2020 and before that served as chief deputy clerk for a year and as Gregory’s chief of staff from 2010 to 2014.
- He has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Wilberforce University in Ohio and a master’s degree in organizational leadership from Claremont Lincoln University in California.
- Richberg helped create a maternal mortality task force to find out why so many women die during pregnancy, childbirth and labor and said he will continue to work on this issue.
- He said he wants to spur economic empowerment by helping increase people’s access to education.
- He will continue to fight the rise in opioid addiction by helping to bring back support groups that shut down during the pandemic and to have more Narcan training sessions.