- Nicks, 28, of Uniondale, is the communications and donor relations manager for Planned Parenthood Federation of America in Manhattan. This is her first run for public office, and she is also running on the Working Families and Common Sense party lines.
- Nicks has a bachelor’s degree in business operations from CUNY Baruch in Manhattan and a master of business administration with a specialty in consulting from American University in Washington, D.C.
- Nicks is a volunteer firefighter at the Uniondale Fire Department and currently is a first lieutenant in Engine Company 3. She is an elected trustee of the Uniondale Public Library Board and serves on the Uniondale Community Council, a civic organization.
- Nicks said she will "make sure information will be more readily available [and] processing times are reduced" by increasing the use of technology in the town clerk’s office.
- She would implement an "agenda filing system," such as BoardDocs, to assist in sharing town board minutes online with the community.
- Nicks said that she would expand the town clerk office hours to open at 7 a.m. and close at 8:30 p.m. two days a week "to better serve residents, improve transparency and access to all town records."