Michael S. Siniski
- Siniski, 70, of Bohemia, is making his first run for public office. He is a semiretired computer consultant working on a contract basis in the Islip Town Assessor's office.
- He graduated from Brentwood High School in 1968. Attended Suffolk County Community College, the New York Institute of Technology and the Computer Institute of Technology in Hollywood, California, but did not graduate.
- Siniski is a member of Kiwanis International. He said he serves on the board of Kiwanis' New York District Foundation, which has an upstate summer camp for children, including disabled and disadvantaged children, and serves with the Kiwanis Pediatric Trauma Center Foundation.
- Siniski would try to make it easier to pay taxes by possibly using space at vacant banks to use their drive-through windows as tax payment drop-off locations.
- He said he would help taxpayers by explaining changes in the state School Tax Relief (STAR) program.
- He said he would work to educate taxpayers about the property tax system. Would help people learn how to make online payments and would prepare explanations for how to read the town tax bill.