Andrew T. Wittman III
- Wittman, 44, of Sayville, is making his first run for public office. He is a retired New York City firefighter who is a Realtor and owns a small real estate investment company.
- Wittman graduated from Bayport-Blue Point High School in 1995. He received a bachelor's degree in theater from the State University of Oswego in 2000.
- He is a member of the Bayport Fire Department, the Sayville Chamber of Commerce and the Brentwood and Sayville historical societies. He also is social media director for the Sayville Rotary, a lector at St. Lawrence the Martyr Roman Catholic Church in Sayville, and a volunteer youth soccer coach.
- Wittman said his background in small business and real estate would help him run the tax receiver's office, including managing staff and working with the public.
- He said he would look into using technology to reduce phone call volume and improve efficiency.
- Wittman said he is interested in creating an online platform where bankers, brokers, Realtors and others can find tax information for individual properties.