Watch our video on Town of Islip election issues
LAURA M. FALBO
- Falbo, 54, of West Islip, is running for receiver of taxes in the Town of Islip.
- She used to own a swimming pool renovation and service company in Nassau County and for the past 15 years has run a dental office in Great Neck.
- She said she has always thought about running for office and decided to campaign after hearing community concerns about slow response times from the town to residents’ inquiries.
- Falbo said that if elected she would focus on transparency and constituent services. “It’s getting it done and it’s being transparent about it,” she said.
- She said another goal would be improving responsiveness to calls from constituents, as well as turnaround time on paperwork.
- She said cybersecurity would be a top priority as well, referencing a cyber incident that took Islip systems offline last November.