- Pasternak, 31, of Wantagh, is a clerk at the Nassau County Board of Elections.
- He earned a bachelor’s in political science at LIU Post and a master’s in public administration from Baruch College.
- This is his first bid for elected office.
- Pasternak said he would create a land bank to offset school taxes and supports abolishing the mortgage recording fees for all properties valued under $500,000.
- He supports incentivizing mixed-use transit-oriented development at mass transit hubs through grant programs and tax incentives.
- He said he wants to create an intergovernmental ombudsman to improve municipal efficiencies and serve as a liaison between the county, towns, cities and villages. He said he would refuse his salary if a county budget is not adopted on time.