Watch our video on Town of North Hempstead election issues
MARY JO COLLINS
- Collins, 67, of Port Washington, is seeking her first term as receiver of taxes for the Town of North Hempstead.
- She has been a trustee for the Village of Flower Hill since 2020 and has worked in the finance industry for 40 years, working for several Wall Street firms.
- She graduated from Douglass College at Rutgers University and holds a master’s from Teachers College at Columbia University.
- Collins said she will work to make paying taxes more convenient for residents and will prioritize expanding communication channels for taxpayers.
- She said among her top priorities is presenting tax relief seminars that advise homeowners on how to lower their taxes through exemptions and property assessment challenges.
- She said she plans to work with the town supervisor to cut taxes.