MANUEL ESTEBAN SR.
- Esteban, 45, of East Northport, said he is a staff attorney for the Diocese of Rockville Centre. The first-time candidate is also running on the Conservative Party line.
- Esteban has owned a small consulting company, DPNY International LLC, for 15 years. A practicing attorney for two years, he has worked on special projects as an of counsel attorney for various law firms. Esteban, an Eagle Scout leader who is fluent in Spanish, is also chairman of the Huntington Town Hispanic Advisory Task Force.
- He has an undergraduate degree from Hunter College and a law degree from Touro Law Center.
- Esteban said he would improve residents’ lives through education about issues, instead of primarily through legislation. He supports awareness campaigns about safe driving, government's power to raise taxes and fees and the influence of county unions and large donors in Suffolk politics.
- Esteban said he wants to help negotiate better labor contracts. He supports affordable housing. He wants to increase staff visits at parks to keep them clean, and he would advocate for better Long Island Rail Road service and traffic improvements.
- Esteban said he wants to help nonprofits and religious organizations, which have become even more crucial during the pandemic. He would streamline paperwork for those organizations when they apply for county tax exemptions. He would also launch a prosperity and innovation committee to listen to residents’ ideas about preserving land, improving water quality and boosting the economy.