Rebecca L. Sanin
- Sanin, 42, lives in Huntington Station. She's running on the Democratic ticket and is the endorsed candidate for the Working Family line. She is President/CEO of Health and Welfare Council of Long Island, and a former Suffolk County Assistant Deputy County Executive.
- Sanin has focused on building environments of "continuous" improvement, including securing federal investments for Long Island, and playing a hands-on role in managing regional coordination with both Superstorm Sandy and COVID-19.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California, a master’s degree in Developmental Psychology from Columbia University, and a Juris Doctor from Fordham Law School.
- Sanin said she will work to restore public integrity to Huntington town government through transparency, accountability, modernization and system transformation that will root out corruption, improve services, and save taxpayer dollars.
- She will back small businesses by investing in infrastructure, parking strategies in downtowns, and bring innovative opportunities and job growth to areas historically underinvested.
- She will create attainable housing and support investments to improve water quality which will improve drinking water and reduce pollution.