KENNETH M. MOORE
- Moore, 61, of Bellerose Village, is also running on the Working Families Party line.
- Moore was elected to the Bellerose Village Board in 2009 and elected the village’s mayor in 2019.
- Moore retired in 2020 after 40 years as a union sheet metal worker. He was an international organizer for his union.
- He is making his first run for state office.
- Moore said that if elected he will vote against tax increases that “hurt working class families on Long Island.”
- He said that as a 17-year volunteer with the Bellerose Village Fire Department he understands the importance of working with first responders to keep residents safe.
- He said he will advocate using state funding to deliver additional assistance to local police departments, fire districts and emergency services.
- He said that he has always believed that it’s a woman’s right to have an abortion.