Watch our video on Town of Brookhaven election issues
KAREN DUNNE KESNIG
- Kesnig, 64, of Manorville, is an attorney handling estate planning and administration. She is a member and deputy chairperson of the Town of Brookhaven Planning Board and has been on the board since 2013.
- She is also running on the Conservative Party line and for the past 15 years has been president of the Manorville Chamber of Commerce.
- She has been on the Eastport-South Manor Board of Education for more than 20 years.
- Kesnig said keeping neighborhoods clean, safe and affordable is a priority and can be accomplished by working together with other local civic organizations, law enforcement and community members.
- She wants transparency in government and said that if elected she will communicate openly with the community.
- She said it’s essential that Brookhaven’s planning and development promote economic growth, but that it also fits the character of the community and preserves the environment.