Watch our video on Town of Brookhaven election issues
- Kornreich, 54, of Stony Brook, is seeking his second term after winning a 2021 special election.
- He runs a construction management consulting firm and served as a Three Village school district trustee from 2008-2022. He is a former president of the Three Village Civic Association.
- He received a bachelor’s in English from SUNY Albany.
- Kornreich said blighted downtown areas should be redeveloped as mixed-use residential communities, though he would limit their size to prevent overdevelopment.
- He said environmental preservation and historical conservation are important.
- He said he would provide the private sector with incentives to innovate and invest to boost economic activity and adapt to “changing economic models,” and cut red tape that slows development.