JOHN A. ORTIZ
- Ortiz, 65, of Southampton, is running on the Democratic party line in the general election.
- He was a Deputy District Attorney in the San Francisco Bay area from 1985 to 1988 and from 2015 to 2021.
- He also served as an Assistant District Attorney in Manhattan from 1988 to 1998.
- From 1998 to 2015, he was in private practice as a civil litigator/trial attorney. Ortiz also served on the Planning Board in Mamaroneck from 2003 to 2015.
- Ortiz earned his undergraduate degree in 1980 from the University of Pennsylvania, and his law degree from the University of San Francisco in 1984.
- He was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1989.