Watch our video on Town of Riverhead election issues
- Waski, 50, of Jamesport, is making her first bid for elected office and is also running on the Conservative line.
- She is president of Peconic Abstract, a family-owned title-search business. She is chairperson of the Riverhead Planning Board and is chair of the town Board of Assessment Review.
- She attended Endicott College in Massachusetts.
- Waski said that if elected she wants to complete the town’s comprehensive plan.
- She said she supports rezoning of industrial areas in Calverton and does not support a jet port or cargo port at the Enterprise Park at Calverton site.
- She said she would make it a priority to ask the state to better maintain Route 25 and the LIRR to better maintain at-grade railroad crossings.