JASON L. ABELOVE
- Abelove, 51, of Garden City, is also running on the Common Sense Party line.
- He is seeking his first two-year term as Hempstead supervisor.
- For 27 years, he has been a discrimination lawyer in private practice.
- Abelove said his top priorities are to lower taxes and bring equity to the delivery of town services. He said the town should focus its funding on road repairs, improvements to downtowns and investing in local infrastructure.
- He criticized the town's use of $133 million in federal pandemic relief funds to cover salaries and town departments. Abelove said he wants to use federal aid to provide direct support to small businesses.
- Abelove said he wants to streamline permitting, promote job fairs and lower taxes to make business thrive in the town and follow Nassau County's model. He said he wants to end wasted money on high salary patronage jobs, bloated budgets, expensive mailers and no-bid contracts.