JAROD B. MORRIS
- Morris, 23, of Wyandanch, recently began a new job with the New York State Office of Mental Health where he works as mental health therapy aide. He previously worked for more than two years for Home Depot as an asset protection specialist. He is also running on the Conservative Party line.
- He was elected in July 2020 to the Wyandanch school board. He is a member of the National Action Network and the central Long Island branch of the NAACP.
- He is a graduate of North Babylon High School and is enrolled at Faulkner University in Alabama studying for a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
- Morris wants to find a way to lower property taxes by uncovering areas of overspending and coming up with a "realistic" budget.
- He said he will fight to end IDA tax abatements for commercial properties and find other ways to attract businesses to Long Island.
- He wants to implement community policing in neighborhoods whereby officers get to know residents and "build a positive rapport with the community."