JAMES F. MAZZARELLA
- Mazzarella, 57, of Moriches is seeking his second full-term as a legislator in Suffolk’s 3rd District.
- He was first elected to the seat in a 2021 special election. He is the secretary/treasurer for Long Island Public Service Employees, Local 342, where he has worked since 1990.
- He is a graduate of SUNY Maritime College.
- Mazzarella said his top priority is ensuring the Forge River Watershed Sewer Project, which will connect about 1,900 homes to sewers, stays on track.
- He noted he advocated for an additional $3 million in capital funding to overhaul the Smith Point Marina and build a new recreation area at nearby Smith Point County Park in conjunction with the new Smith Point Bridge expected to break ground next year.
- He said he advocated for an additional $2 million for beautification and revitalization of the Montauk Highway corridor in Mastic and Shirley.