ELLEN F. HOIL
- Hoil, 56, of Riverhead, is a corporate attorney for a vitamin company. As its in-house counsel, she represents the business in mergers and acquisitions.
- She received her bachelor’s degree in philosophy from Molloy College, master’s degree in education from C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University, which has since been renamed Long Island University Post.
- Hoil earned her law degree from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
- Hoil pledges to reduce the volume of lawsuits challenging the town’s tax assessments by using data properly to assess property taxes.
- She plans to improve the IT department by creating a searchable database containing all the properties in the town. Hoil says residents looking for information on a property must download a portable document format, or PDF, that has more than 4,000 pages.
- Hoil promises to improve customer service by making sure property owners understand how their property taxes were assessed. She wants to make it less onerous for them to challenge their property taxes.