DANA N. BROWN
- Brown, 50, of Wading River, was appointed assessor in April to fill a vacant seat. She has been the town’s senior assessment clerk for nearly eight years and this is her first run for public office. Brown is also running on the Conservative Party line.
- She is working toward becoming a state certified assessor by taking the required classes. She is learning about the fundamentals of assessment administration.
- Brown graduated from Longwood High School in 1988.
- Brown says she will continue to help property owners navigate the world of tax exemptions and help them get the benefits they need under the law.
- She pledges to promote equity and fairness by meeting with property owners and answering their questions regarding how the assessor’s office estimates the value of their property for tax-setting purposes.
- Brown says the people who work in the assessor’s office are friendly and approachable and she wants to continue the same level of customer service.