DAWN M. SHARROCK
- Sharrock, 46, of Seldon, has spent six years on the Middle Country school board, including serving as chairperson of the legislative committee. She also is running on the Working Families Party line.
- She's also on the executive committee of the Nassau-Suffolk School Boards Assocation.
- She's a board member of Reform Educational Financing Inequities Today, a consortium of school districts supporting equitable school funding.
- Sharrock said her priorities include ensuring union jobs and growing the apprenticeship program.
- She believes there should be comprehensive access to mental health services.
- She said she will fight for small businesses to provide them with "infrastructure and assistance to not only survive but thrive."