DAVID C. FRANKLIN
- Franklin, 63, of Port Washington, is a first time candidate for state Senate.
- He was commissioner of the Port Washington Police District for 9 years ending in 2019.
- He worked as a technician and engineer for HBO for nearly 40 years before joining the public sector.
- Franklin supports tax cuts for businesses aimed at hiring new employees.
- He wants to provide support and more state aid to local school districts.
- As a former police commissioner he believes in building trust between law enforcement and members of the community.