CYNTHIA M. MCNAMARA
- McNamara, 43, lives in East Quogue and owns a landscaping company with her husband, Dan. She is also running on the Conservative and Working Families party lines.
- She served on the East Quogue School District Board of Education from 2014 until 2017 and is the chair of the East Quogue Citizen Advisory Committee.
- She was an advocate to extend public water mains in East Quogue after perfluorinated compounds were detected in private wells and was an advocate for an initiative to incorporate the hamlet as a village.
- McNamara is running on a platform of transparency and increased community involvement. "I think too many things are being discussed behind closed doors," she said.
- She would like to see more sewer districts in the town, especially in unincorporated areas where there is not a village government to organize and advocate for the effort.
- She said affordable housing is a big issue, but Southampton Town has not invested in infrastructure to accommodate new high-density developments.