Watch our video on East End election issues
MARIA Z. MOORE
- Moore, 63, of Westhampton Beach, has served as mayor of the Village of Westhampton Beach since 2014.
- An attorney in New York since 1988, she graduated from Syracuse University College of Law in 1987.
- She served on the Board of Trustees for the Westhampton Free Library and was a coordinator for Maureen’s Haven, a Riverhead-based homeless shelter, for more than 15 years.
- Moore said the hamlets of Riverside and Hampton Bays have critical sewer needs and support for downtown revitalization. She cited her experience on similar projects in the village that gives her skills “to not only plan and execute on the projects, but also to find grant funding to offset the costs.”
- She said there’s a need for creative solutions to housing issues. She supports “the repair of dilapidated and blighted homes to improve our communities.”
- She said multiple levels of government must work together to address traffic issues that remain “a big concern.”