CARLA F. HOENE
- Hoene, 47, of Hicksville, is the director of recreation at The Bristol Assisted Living in Massapequa. She is also running on the Working Families Party line.
- Hoene grew up in Seaford and graduated in 1992 from Gen. Douglas MacArthur High School in Levittown. She has a bachelor's degree in history from Hofstra University.
- Hoene is a member of the Hicksville school board, first elected in 2016. She has co-chaired the school board’s communications and policy committees. Hoene said if elected town clerk, she will resign from the school board.
- Hoene said, "There are too many instances where the town uses paper, such as for employee time sheets and FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) requests." Hoene continued, "If we can properly digitize the town records, we could be more efficiently utilizing our work force and taxes in a fiscally responsible manner."
- Hoene said digitization of records could also lead to better organization of notes and materials that the public depends on for attending town meetings. "It should not be the burden of the taxpayer to dig for information regarding how their taxes are being used."
- Hoene said, "I believe it is crucial to be transparent and accountable in government … Lack of timely responses to FOIL requests, and a long-standing, systemic patronage problem cause a lack of faith in our town government."