CANDACE A. HALL
- Hall, 32, of Greenport, is a licensed insurance broker. She earned an associate degree in fashion design at the Art Institute of Washington.
- A former preschool teacher, Hall said she is enthusiastic about doing outreach for children and now arranges community events for kids, such as fashion shows and basketball tournaments.
- She earned an associate degree in fashion design at the Art Institute of Washington. She said she will bring a spirit of compassion and community orientation to the job.
- She hopes to bring in new technologies and would offer a fresh perspective as well as streamline processes in the office. She said the website could use updating, and suggested sending out applications for beach passes with the tax bill to help alleviate backlogs.
- She would work to increase the office's ability to pivot quickly during unusual circumstances, like the pandemic. "There's still technology that can be introduced to help," she said.
- Hall said she has the ability to work across party lines. "I want to make it an efficient and professional experience for everyone, and I offer a new perspective on technology." The changes would better meet the needs of residents, she said.